The Flaming-Hot... Five Reasons Why [Tag]

The Flaming-Hot... Five Reasons Why Tag



[Ziva and Tony from NCIS GIF]

"Why do they call it a 'crush'? Because that's how you feel when they don't feel the same way in return." ~Unknown


This is my first time taking part in a tag on Blogger! To be honest, I had to google the definition of "swoon-worthy," as I had not heard the term before I read McKayla's post on her blog Tales of a Triple Threat. One learns something new every day! 🙃

  For those of you who are like me, here is the definition of swoon-worthy, according to the internet: Swoon: verb; to be overcome with admiration, adoration, or other strong emotions.

   So, I thought this would be a fun tag to do. 'Cause, why not? 😉

   I'll admit I had a tricky time deciding and figuring out which characters to put on my list. I couldn't tell if I just liked the characters a lot or if there was something different about them that I liked. I tried my best! Also, I wanted to add that I do not consider these my "celebrity crushes." These are my hypothetical choices.

  I'd also like to mention that these are not the original rules for this Blog Tag. If you are familiar with the game "Telephone," then you can imagine that that's what happened to the rules. So I found the original rules, copied them, and made a few adjustments...


The Rules:

  • You must add the name of the blog that tagged you and those of the original posters.
  • List 5 of your most swoon-worthy characters from any TV show, series, or movie. Also, please mention the actor or actress who played them, as you might like a character portrayed by a specific actor/actress.
  • Tag 1-5 other bloggers.
  • Add lovely pictures, GIFs, or videos of those you selected.
  • Oh… and post these rules.


#1 Ziva David (Cote de Pablo) from NCIS  

  

What is not to love about Ziva? She is beautiful (I especially love her hair!) and an agile, skillful, and badass agent! Ziva is very capable (she can throw knives and speak ten languages) and is certainly not someone to be messed with. She goes through a lot of character growth throughout the seasons while she's engaging with a great personality and backstory. And, of course, we cannot forget the chemistry between Ziva David and Tony DiNozzo... 😏

  

#2 Mark Darcy (Colin Firth) from Bridget Jones

I hate to admit it... but I get this warm, melty feeling inside whenever I see him! Besides being quite handsome, he has a lot of charm and charisma. Also, he has a pleasant voice and a British accent (of course…). Mark is a generally calm and laid-back character with a sweet, protective, and caring side. I especially love his gentle eyes and expressions which seem to say much more than his words do.

  

#3 Thomas Branson (Allen Leech) from Downton Abbey

  

 I am mainly going by his personality in Season 6 (that's when I started watching the series) after he had already gone through a lot of character growth and some status changes (such as going from chauffeur to Manager of the Downton Estate after losing his wife, Sybil, in Season 3). He goes from being a bit "blunt and full of himself" in the early seasons to thoughtful, caring, patient, and good-hearted. What mainly draws my attention is his warm gaze and generally calm demeanor. Also, he has an Irish accent (yes, another guy on my list with an accent... what a surprise!). I have yet to watch the other seasons, so my opinion of him can change, but as for now, he'll remain one of my top five.

  

#4 Pavel Andreievich Chekov (Anton Yelchin) from the Star Trek Movies (2009-2016)

With that 'Russian' accent, amusing expressions, and funny personality, he is a sweet character! He has a lot of skills and knowledge, and he strives to do his best for the crew and prove that he is capable. It was devastating/heartbreaking when the actor (Anton Yelchin) died tragically just before the release of the latest movie in 2016. It's unclear if the directors/producers will replace his character in future movies. But one thing's for sure, the future films will not be the same without him.

  


As for #5, I just could not decide between two characters so I added them both...

#5.1 Chakotay (Robert Beltran) from Star Trek: Voyager

  
I used to be very much into this character back in 2016... He is good-looking, has Native American ancestry, and I love how unique his name is! What I like most is that he is supportive, assertive, and also playful. But since it has been several years since I watched Star Trek: Voyager, I’m not sure I’d still like him the same way I once did... But I will admit, I still think he’s charming!

  

#5.2 Kathryn Janeway (Kate Mulgrew) from Star Trek: Voyager

  
She is beautiful, kind, caring, and strong-willed. Even though she can gain respect, she still appears as a mother or friend figure to many of them. She takes her responsibilities very seriously but is willing to help those in need (even if that means adjusting or changing her original plans). I imagine she would be a fun person to hang out with. She is also compassionate, and I positively love her smile!
  

Those are my choices as of February 2023! 😅


Tagging:

   I don't actually have anyone that I know (yet) that I can tag... But once I find someone I could tag (if they want to be tagged), I'll add them to this post. 🙂


    Well, this has been a new and interesting thing for me! Usually, I'm the kind of person who doesn't like to admit to myself that I could possibly have a "crush" on someone. But now that I've gotten to the end of this blog post, I realized that I probably do on one or two of these characters... but how could I really be sure? 😉


[Another Tony and Ziva GIF from NCIS]

Comments

  1. Ahaha!😄I loved this post! Your choices are all different in a way, and I love it! Your GIF choices I found very amusing! I still remember your crush on Chakotay, hehe.😏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, heheh... Well, I'm glad you liked my post, Yokoshi! :)

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed reading all your thoughts and opinions on these characters and just tags in general. It was very entertaining! I love lots of these characters as well <3 And I can especially relate to what you said about Mark Darcy *blushes*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I am glad that we are like-minded! ;)

      Delete
  3. Such great choices! I don't know all of them, but I love the ones I do know-----especially Ziva.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knowing 10 languages is quite a feat! I'd be impressed by Ziva, too.

    Ah, I love Branson so much!! I'm glad his character stuck around all the way to the 6th season.

    Pavel seems like the kind of character I would love, too.

    Great answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I'm so glad Branson stayed around too! It always disappoints me when one of my favourite characters leaves a show or dies (such as Sweets from the show "Bones").
      Thanks so much for coming by and checking out my post! 😊

      Delete

Post a Comment