Shouldn't Every Day Be Earth Day?

Shouldn't Every Day Be Earth Day?

(Promo for My New Blog)

"The Earth does not belong to us. We belong to the Earth.” ~Chief Seattle

Hello everyone, and Happy Earth Day! 🌍🌎🌏
Whenever April 22nd comes around, besides thinking about what good I can do for the Earth, I wonder...
Is Earth Day just one day when people appreciate and do something good for the planet? Or is it a day when people look back and feel proud about what they did in the past year for the Earth?
Then I think about some of the things I've seen; the trash glittering around the highways and people spraying their entire homes with different poisons to keep nature from "invading."
Why should we care for our environment on just 1 day out of 365? After all, we spend every day on this planet. So, shouldn’t every day be Earth Day? 🌱
~~~
Here is a post from a fellow Blogger I admire, where she wrote a letter from Earth to us human beings. It's well-written and moving, so I highly recommend that you read it:
~~~
I spent all month working on this post, typing and deleting, never sure what exactly I should write or say. But I finally realized, that most of what I want to say has already been said and explained, in one form or another. So I decided to simply add those messages here for you to hear for yourself. I don't want to repeat things that other people have already said, and then get praise for it. But I want to do something to make the world a better place. 🌼

For most of my life, I've been thinking about what I could do to help slow global warming and give back to the planet. I spent years thinking, planning, imagining, and coming up with ideas. I figured that if I wanted to do anything, I should start now. So, I wrote this post promoting the other Blog I decided to start (the link is at the end of this post). I plan to post on it once a month and go from there. πŸƒ

According to scientists, we have 10 years or less to do something big about climate change before it's too late. We still have the chance right now to save our planet! But only if the majority of us stop waiting and start taking action. πŸŒ„
Right now, it's more important than ever that we spread kindness in this world, not hatred.
Lead as a positive example, and show the world how much you care. πŸ’—

~~~

Here are a few insightful and inspiring videos that I believe are worth your time to watch...

[How to Save Our Planet]

[How the Oceans Can Clean Themselves]

[Sir David Attenborough's Speech at the COP26]

[Another Speech from Sir David Attenborough]

Lastly, I thought I'd add the link to a Playlist I put together on YouTube with some songs that I thought followed a similar theme:

As you will have hopefully realized, so many people, young and old, have been and are fighting for the future. After all, we are the next generation, and this is the world we are inheriting.
Imagine... what if you stopped waiting and started doing something for our planet?
Picture Borrowed From: She Who Seeks on Blogger

Thank you for caring and for taking the time to read this. I am open to hearing any of your thoughts or opinions. 😊

What have you done recently for the environment?

What do you intend to start doing next?

Comments

  1. Hello folks! I hope you're all having a good day. πŸ€
    Today, I decided to help the world by coming out with two blog posts that I hope will be the start of inspiring some change. I also started paying more attention to the water and energy I am using, and if there are any ways I can reduce the amount I'm wasting. I'd love to hear about what you all are doing, no matter how small or simple. πŸ™‚
    P.S. Also, if you know of any more songs that would fit with the theme of the playlist, please share them! πŸ˜‰πŸŽΆπŸŒ

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really educating post ! By the way, thanks for mentioning the name of my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Vanya! It makes me happy that you decided to check out my post/blog. Also, you're welcome. 😊

      Delete
  3. This was such an insightful post, Hividah! I've always tried to be invested in our planet, though I don't know how much of a good job I do at that, but hopefully with even more added guidance that you and other fellow creators have given, I can get even better at that with time. I just try to remind myself that every little bit counts. Thank you <3 Happy Late Earth Day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hailey! It makes me glad that you're trying and want to do good for the planet. πŸ₯° The world definitely needs more people like that! 🌎

      Delete

Post a Comment