My Best Snapshots from 2018

~Snapshots~
...2018...

"Stop worrying about what you have to lose and start focusing on what you have to gain." ~Unknown

A Beautiful Summer Evening (June 25th)

Greetings, my fellow readers! 😊 Finally, here is the third post in my Snapshots series! The main reason it took me so long is that I had to finish sorting through all of my 2018 pictures and upload them to OneDrive...

In May 2018, I got a new camera for my birthday (which I am forever grateful for). You will notice that my pictures (at least most of them) are of a higher quality than before. Therefore, it became much harder for me to choose less than 50 favourites... (Don't worry, there are less than 30 pictures in this post).

I also wanted to note that in 2018, my family and I welcomed several new animals to the family (a box turtle and three kittens). I had several very good and adorable pictures of them, including our three guinea pigs who we already had at that point. But I decided not to include them in this post to not make it overly long. I could create a separate post for them though, if some of you are interested? 🙂

Anyway, several of these pictures were taken around my house (we live in a rural area), but the majority were taken during two separate trips that my family and I made in June and August. We stayed at a ranch in the mountains (I'm not going to say exactly where) and I took pictures of the surrounding nature and the two kitties (Ms. Kitty and Fester) who lived there at the time. Enjoy!

My New Camera: Lumix Panasonic DMC-GX85

A Forest of Emerald Green (June 19th)

A Meadow Lark (Sturnella neglecta) standing next to our small pine. (Sept. 29th) [Edited]

A Bee on a Sunflower - This was in my front yard. (Aug. 15th)

Summer's Snow (October 14th)

Waiting for Winter (November 2nd)

A Vulture at the Zoo - One of my first pictures taken with my new camera. (May 28th)

Dappled Reflections (June 19th)

A Young Plant Reaching for Sunshine (June 19th)

A Reflection of Aspens (June 25th)

The Majesty of Horn Peak (June 19th)

Evening Shadows - My mom told me to take this cool picture. So glad I did! (June 19th)

Evening Views (June 19th)

A Bit of Nature (Aug. 20th)

A Little Waterfall (Aug. 22nd)

A Cat Named Fester (Aug. 21st) [Edited]

A Portrait of Kitty (Aug. 22nd)

A Vibrant Rainbow (Aug. 22nd)

Valley Sunrise (Aug. 23rd)

Soaring Through the Skies - A vulture or buzzard of some kind. (June 19th)

Mountain Meadow (Aug. 23rd)

Deep in the Distant Peaks (Aug. 23rd) [Edited]

Daring Doe (June 22nd)

The larvae of a Tiger Salamander (Ambystoma tigrinum), CO's state amphibian, which Louise found at the bottom of a small pond. (June 21st)

A local rabbit that I managed to catch in good quality! (December 24th)

The quality is terrible, but the cloud covering the moon looks amazing! (June 27th)


These last three pictures were taken with my old camera: Canon Powershot A2500 (silver)

Intense Smoke from a Nearby Fire - This was a scary day, but luckily the fire didn't spread to us. (March 23rd)

It was snowing heavily at our house. The snowflakes were large and fluffy! (March 29th)

Fluffy Flakes (March 29th)

Which ones are your favourite? I'd love to know! 💚

Also, would you be interested in seeing photos of my pets?

Comments

  1. I Love them! I Think my favorite might be the Dappled Reflections it's so cool.I remember that fire so scary but epic photo! I keep forgetting you got a photo of the Tiger Salamander glad you did though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I got a picture of the salamander, too! I still can't believe you found it 😃

      Delete

Post a Comment